Monday, September 6, 2010

Victory!

Today...at the gym...I voluntarily choose to exercise on...the dreaded elliptical trainer!

[insert woman screaming and terrifying music here]

I think today is probably the third time in - oh, say maybe 10 years - that I've hoisted my big butt onto one these torture devices. But I am determined to reign supreme! And, lo and behold, I return from battle victorious!

Thirty-three minutes.

Two miles.

307 calories.

*wheeze wheeze*  *pant pant*

Now, I know that there's a great deal of room for improvement here. I'd like to eventually be able to get on that thing for 45 minutes without feeling like I'm going to die. And I'd actually like to add some resistance. Today I just hit "Quick Start" and off I go on the easiest of easy levels.

But, still...104 sticks of butter ago, I don't think that I could have done more than 5 minutes on the elliptical trainer. And at the end of that five minutes I probably would have felt like passing out. So, I feel pretty good about my progress.

And, strangely, I'm looking forward to my next elliptical training adventure.

Who'da thunk it?

Certainly not me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm afraid to even think of going near that machine, let alone 33 minutes. You're awesome!! Have you made any decisions about the fitness challenge?

    Have fun with your next battle war or adventure that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome for trying out something new - keep pushing that envelope; I've heard it's good for your body if you change things around from time-to-time.

    And, like, Tammy I'm waiting to hear what you decide re: the fitness challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete