Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Anatomy of a Crash

So, on Sunday after the Kickball game (which, despite my anxiety about being the fat uncoordinated leftover, was great fun) and a trip to the gym afterwards, I come back to the house with the great intentions of cleaning the house.

Yeah...ummm...not so much.

I go to sit down on the couch to review the eating plan for the week...and wake up three hours later.

Crash.

And this morning, I have every great intention of getting up to hit the gym for upper body strength training.

Yeah...ummm...not so much.

I know I set my alarm, but have no recollection of it going off. And dear husband tries to wake me up as he's heading to the gym...I vaguely remember that.

Crash.

Apparently my body is taking a little time to adjust to the Fitness Challenge exercise requirements...

I keep kind of crashing when I don't mean to.

In fact, I could probably go back to bed right now for another round of sleep. And I would LOVE to do that. But, alas, I cannot because I have to head off to work...and then to the gym this evening.

Urgh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jennifer, you're not alone in the "crash." I spent the rest of Sunday after kickball and then all day Monday limping around my house and popping Advil. I did make it into the gym Tuesday morning and all went well, but my body definitely needed a break! - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - Sorry to hear that you were sore and limping. As my mom would say, "Yucky foo-foo!!" Hope that you've recovered from the experience. I'm still pretty beat today, but I think it's just from everything associated with the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete