Saturday, October 30, 2010

A good day followed by...

a not so great week.

On Tuesday I wrote about it being a good day. And it was a good day.

A really good day.

But then there arrived Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - three days when work really ramped up to warp speed 10, husband was out of town, and my energy level/motivation for cooking, exercising and generally doing things to take care of myself kind of plummeted to virtually nothing.

Now, compared to the days when I was really indulging in some horrifically irresponsible eating choices that involved french fries, ice cream, candy bars, sour cream and all things fried, what I actually consumed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday would be considered downright healthy.

What was not so great is that I ended up at restaurants two of the three nights and twice for lunch. Made healthy choices given what was on the menus (things like grilled salmon with grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli or tofu with asparagus and ginger), but the reality is that restaurant food is still restaurant food.

Add in one more restaurant meal today when I picked up husband from the airport (again, still made a good choice) and I'm not exactly feeling especially virtuous.

Couple my restaurant outings with a distinct lack of exercise on these same three days and I'm guessing that weigh-in on Monday is not going to be pretty.

However... everyday is a do-over...a new opportunity to make healthy choices.

And so late this afternoon I hauled my keester over to the gym for 25 minutes of lower body weight lifting and 40 minutes of biking.

Tomorrow is the Spooky 5K Run that we signed up for through the Fall Fitness Challenge.

Hopefully it will be another good day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer, it does sound like we fell off the wagon together. My downward spin cycle has last five days with some of that "horrifically irresponsible eating choices that involved french fries, ice cream, candy bars, sour cream and all things fried' food you were talking about. I feel absolutely horrible and disgustingly full right now.

    I'm so glad that you at least were making healthier choices and that you have made it back to the gym. My walking has been way low again. Tomorrow morning I drop husband off at the airport and he'll be away for five days. I will put the wheel back on the wagon and jump back in. It's too late for this Monday's weigh-in though, it is going to be U-G-L-Y, ugly.

    Tomorrow is my do-over. Good luck with the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy, for the good words.

    You and me + wagon! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Everyday is a do-over" is a great motto. Keep up the great work Jenn!

    xoGG

    ReplyDelete