Saturday, October 23, 2010

Full...urgh

OK, so I have to confess big time...I ate too much tonight.

We went to a gathering at my mother-in-law's and there was a lot of good food. A lot of food not on my eating plan. And thankfully, quite a lot of healthy good food, too.

I didn't really even eat anything "bad" this evening. Avoided all of the yummy looking desserts, the amazing breads from Seven Stars Bakery, the multigrain chips. Nope, didn't eat any of that.

But what did I do instead?...I ate way too much of the good stuff.  At first, I just razed a little bit on veggies, dip and rice crackers. Then had a big plate of salad so I wouldn't eat too much of the entree. Then ate too much of the entree anyway!

Oops.

In terms of the way I used to eat, what I ate this evening would seem like very little. But since I've started eating responsibly... what I ate tonight seemed like a lot of food and tonight I did not make very responsible choices. I sat right next to the food while socializing. I should have just walked away.

But I didn't.

Did I need a "little more" of the main course? No, of course not! But I ate it anyway.

And now I am paying the price of overindulgence.

I'm feeling horribly uncomfortable (think it might be time to unbutton these jeans) and actually a little bit sick to my stomach.

Somehow I have the feeling that Monday weigh-in is going to be baaaaad.

Too full...urgh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I know this feeling all too well. It is entirely possible to gain weight while eating exactly the kinds of foods you allow yourself to eat. All I can say is hop back on track today. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete