Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Confession time

OK, so I totally have to cop to the fact that my eating today....TERRIBLE.

Too many calories. Not mindful of how much I eat. Too much fat. Totally off eating plan.

I have four presentations this morning in three separate locations on a fairly tight timeline. My first significant presentations of my busy season. Needless to say - a little nervous and focused on doing a good job.

The first two run from 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. After I get all of my materials put away, hop in my car and head to the next one. I'll just make it on time for Presentation #3 at 10:00 a.m.

Presentation #3 runs long because there are some technical difficulties with the computer. Once said difficulties are resolved the presentation is fine, but now I'm late for Presentation #4, which is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. However, my Presentation #3 client is kind enough to call the folks at my next destination (same company, different branch) to give them the heads up that I'll be late.

Jump in my car and dash away. Definitely not going to make it in time.  I arrive at 11:30. Luckily my contact there actually figures before the call that I'll be late. He tells me, "I told every one 11:30 because I figured there would be traffic."

So, what does all of this have to do with my crappy eating today?

Nowhere in all that dashing about does it occur to me that I need to eat a mid-morning snack (especially dumb because I had a light breakfast.) I am so focused on getting where I need to be and reviewing my presentation in my head that I just completely forget to eat (I even have snacks packed in the car for these kind of days!!!)

So, by 12:15 when all of my presentations are done... RAVENOUS because I haven't eaten anything in fiver hours.

Rather conveniently, my last presentation takes place in the same plaza as my favorite Thai restaurant. Screw the green beans, celery and hummus in my cooler!!! Give me Thai food!!!!

And so I revert back to old behavior...I take myself and my book into the restaurant and proceed to order Pad Thai. Veggies and tofu - Nope! It's Pad Thai for me!!!

And do I eat just half of the generous serving of Pad Thai??

Nope. Before I even realize it, I down the whole plate.

[At this point, our heroine shakes her head in disgust with herself]

An ENTIRE PLATE of Pad Thai. Holy crapballs!

Mindless eating.

Comforting myself with food.

Bad old behavior.

So, of course I don't bother to eat a mid-afternoon snack because I've eaten all of that yummy Pad Thai. I have an apple on my way to the gym at 7:00 p.m. and then come home to a very healthy dinner for which I am not at all hungry, but I eat anyway.

And did I really need the homemade Pumpkin Oatmeal Cup after dinner??? Nope.

Did I eat it anyway? Yes.

Yeah, I kind of suck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment