Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sleep

This upper respiratory bug is hanging on with a vengeance.

It's been an entire week since I have engaged in any exercise thanks to this damn bug. I've been either horizontal or moderately horizontal for seven damn days and I cannot stand myself anymore. So I decide to head to the gym today for a very slow walk on the treadmill. Nothing particularly taxing. Just a slow, gentle walk.

It's lovely.

I manage to get the speed up to 3.0 mph, which is a little more vigorous than I had panned, but since I don't seem to be hacking up a lung I go for it.

Chris arrives at the gym just as I'm getting ready to stretch.

"How was your walk?" he asks.

"Good," I reply, "do I have a little color in my face?"

"Mmm...you're mostly just sweaty."

Ah well. I had hoped for a little pink in my cheeks, but I'll be satisfied with sweaty. Proof that I actually moved today.

So I stretch for a few minutes and then head home for a late lunch. Chris arrives home to find me sitting at the table with an empty bowl in front of me, book in my left hand and my chin resting heavily in my right hand.

"You look wiped out," he says.

"Yeah. I am."

Two very slow miles on the treadmill have done me in.

So it's off to the shower and then into the bedroom for a little lie-down.

My "little lie-down" turns into a 3.5 hour nap. And even though I've just now gotten up from my marathon nap I feel as though I could get right back into bed for another 3.5 hours of sleep.

This bug is kicking my ass.

Tomorrow is a work day. There's no more time for me to be at home trying to get rid of this thing. So, I'll head into work where I'll likely be scrambling to get myself caught up.

Think anyone will notice if I lie down on the floor of a my cubicle for a 3.5 hour nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment