Monday, December 27, 2010

Post-Christmas...

Well, it's been an interesting few weeks here in my little corner of the world.

Was sick, sick, sick in the weeks leading up to Christmas. No gym. No eating plan. Just weeks of spotty eating and trying to feel better. Finally felt OK on Christmas Eve Day. Had a great holiday weekend with family, although very unfortunately overindulged on Christmas Day.

Really overindulged.

Kind of to the point that my stomach was very unhappy with me for a while.

It's not that I ate anything especially horrific. I wasn't like downing Twinkies  and Ho-hos and Big Macs (eeeuuuwwww). Instead,  it really just came down to quantity.

Too much.

Too much crudites and light dip. Too many little rice crackers with hummus. Too many multi-grain chips with salsa. Too many olives (although, can one really ever have too many olives???)

And, OK, I will also cop to the worst item of the day...too much cheese. (Yeah, it's true...I've never met a cheese that I didn't like.)

Too much of everything.

And why? Why this overindulgence? (Besides the obvious, "It's Christmas" answer.)

Because I didn't make a plan.

I didn't make a plan to just have one small plate of appetizers. I didn't make a plan to sit far away from the appetizers.

And because the appetizers were on the coffee table and I was plunked within arms reach of them and because I just grazed all afternoon. And grazed. And grazed. And grazed. Which when you've been eating normal small portions for many months is just not good for your tummy or lower GI system.

And then I had a full dinner on top of all of the grazing.

Sigh.

So that was Christmas.

Yesterday and today have been fine. No eating plan, but have eaten very responsibly. Feeling pretty good.

And tomorrow...finally back to the gym after a two-week break for illness and holiday.

So, there we are.

Hope y'all had a lovely Christmas weekend.

More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, where are you? I hope your feeling better these days and over the illness. We've got work to do in 2011! Are you finding time to make it to they gym? I am out of the habit of walking again and need to get back to it. I have some sort of bug right now, but as soon as it is gone or I have more energy I will hop back on the treadmill. Looking foward to hearing from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete