So..here are my wonderful excuses for not writing:
- I was sick right up until Christmas.
- And then of course there was Christmas.
- And then there was the week between Christmas and New Year's, which in my industry is surprisingly busy.
- And then there was some stuff happening in my personal life that kind of grabbed most of my attention.
- And then this week I got some nasty little bug AGAIN and spent two days sleeping to try to rid myself of it before it decided to hang around for another few weeks.
Oh yeah...and then there's the fact that I've pretty much been completely off-track since Christmas!!
I'm not like downing Big Mac (eeeuuuwwww) or anything, but I'm definitely not making the best choices. Pretty sure the Indian food I had for lunch today (which included Chicken Tikka Masala just loaded with cream...so delish!) doesn't exactly fit into my healthy eating plan.
Oh, yeah...and then there's the fact that I haven't weighed myself for several weeks on top of the not-so-great eating and I've kind of regressed back to that "I'm afraid to get on the scale" place that I used to inhabit for so many years,
Denial is stupid and not going to get me anywhere.
So, tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to get myself back on track. To make better and healthier choices. To get on the damn scale and just get it over with. I'll weigh what I weigh and I'll deal with it like a grown up.
I mean - c'mon folks! I still have another 160 sticks of butter to lose in 2011!!!!
So I need to think about what I can do really get and keep myself motivated beyond just "I need to lose weight." As it turns out, for a number of reasons I am not going to be able to do the next 10-week fitness challenge being offered by my gym. So, this weekend I am going to have to set some fitness goals for myself to stay motivated. When I've figured them out I'll post them here on the blog.
Wish me luck tomorrow: gym, scale, getting back on track.