Not like that super-uncomfortable-I-just-ate-enough-food-for-5-people kind of full (the kind that I have often felt during Thanksgivings past), but rather just pleasantly full.
So, the strategy I had laid out for today:
- Exercise by doing the Newport Pie Run 5K
- Eat a good breakfast/lunch before heading over to my mother-in-law's house
- Wear fitted jeans rather than my usual skirt with elastic waist.
- Allow myself one small plate of appetizer type foods and then don't eat anymore appetizers once I've finished what's on my little plate
- Chew gum for the rest of the afternoon so I don't eat until dinner is served
- Use a salad plate for my dinner so I can have a little taste of everything without feeling too bad about it.
- Eat one slice of the pumpkin pie that I made because I know that it is within the boundaries of my eating plan
- Newport Pie Run: check!
- Good breakfast/lunch: check!
- Fitted jeans: check!
- Eat one small plate of appetizers and no more: yeah...ummm...not so much. However, compared to prior years I did GREAT
- Chew gum: check! (and then spit it out so I can have a few more rice crackers with cheese)
- Use salad plate as dinner plate: not so much on his one. However, I filled the plate mostly with various vegetables (low fat cole slaw made by me, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, broccoli, mashed cauliflower and asparagus) leaving just a little room for turkey and homemade cranberry sauce.
- Eat one slice of pie: Oops...not so much on this on either...I did indulge a bit at the dessert table.
I also feel OK because I know that I am heading to the gym and for the rest of this weekend to undo some of the damage that I have inflicted upon myself.
Tomorrow: hitting the gym HARD.
Best wishes for good health and a Happy Thanksgiving,