Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Half-way...almost

I'm feeling a little low post-Fall Fitness Challenge.

Why?

Because I calculated how much I have left to lose to reach the mid-range normal BMI: 196 sticks of butter.

So, part of me is feeling really good about finishing the Challenge and the weight that I have lost thus far, but then the rest of me is sort of moaning and groaning about how much there is left to lose. However, the part of me that is moaning and groaning is thankfully not also saying, "Well, f@#$ it. Let's just go get a blue cheese bacon burger and fries and two slices of seven-layer chocolate cake! Losing more weight is just waaaaayyyyy too much trouble."

Thanks goodness that I'm not thinking that.

But what I'm realizing is that I need to set some short term goals ASAP or that number...196 sticks of butter...will be looming large in front of me and one day I might given in to a "screw it" attitude. I don't want to return to the Pizza Days.

So, for now, I'm thinking that I will sign myself up for my gym's Winter Fitness Challenge. Now that my busy season is almost behind me, I'll be able to devote the kind of focus to the Challenge that I really didn't have in October and November.

And then I'm thinking that it might be time to start training for my first 10K...

Those 196 sticks of butter don't have a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I will runa a 10k with you...
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete